Our January 2016 event was a special one. Well, all of our events are special :) but this saw four women take the stage and share with us their stories and their hints on how to continue the pursuit of our dreams and take the leap.
I would like to share with you the key takeaways that Mireia, Stine, Sally and Jo left me. If you are interested in getting to know these amazing ladies a bit more, you can see their bios here.
- Psst! Join us for our February event! All details here :) -
- If the thought of your project/your idea is waking you up at night...then go ahead and work on it! It is for sure the right thing to do
- when you are starting up you always feel you are underperforming on every front! But do not forget you are one and are doing everything!
- don't be afraid of being obsessed by your idea, follow your passion!
- adopt a "step by step" process and make sure you do not rush your product out, especially if you have to face a lot of competition and you are working on an expensive product, which needs to be almost perfect to sell
- you can design a bag with powepoint! Do not think you need the biggest tech or the most up-to-date program to work on your idea. Use your skills and combine them with the tools you have available. It will work!
- do not waste your one shot of life!
- it is not easy to know when the right time to launch is but this should not slow you down or scare you
- people want to genuinely help you, when they see you are starting up and believe in what you are creating. Do not be afraid to ask for help!
- do things you are frightened of: we should be doing things that scare us because many times they are things we like!
- take the leap and then you will feel you can do everything!
- go ahead and do something you really really do not want to do and remember that failure is success waiting to happen!
- we are more resourceful than we think we are
- there is a huge potential in each broken piece
- we are alll terrified but we can do it anyway!
- there is no rush
- noone really knows what they are doing! We all feel like we are faking it - do not think you are the only one!
- read this book :)